Wednesday 3 September 2014

Story time


I fall into story time with you like into a cushy dream. My tiredness cuts off the world so that all that exists is the bed, you cuddled up to me and the pages of a book. Quietly you listen, every now and again your little body shifts, but your attention is fully absorbed in those shared pages between us. We reach the end and I put out the light but I'm too tired to leave, to go wake from the dreamy state of story time. Instead, I lie there in the darkness and we whisper special messages into each other's ears. Your voice so present, as you lean over to me to whisper your thoughts, your hair tickling my face, the stories lingering softly on your breath. And momentarily the whole world disappears into your softly spoken little words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...